This website is managed by Merchant Technology Marketing on behalf of The Daily Mile Foundation. By entering this website, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. If you find these terms and conditions unacceptable, you are expected to exit the website immediately.
Our terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your access and use of our website, and the supply of information and services by us to you through our website. You are responsible for bringing these terms to the attention of anyone who may access the services or information on our website as a result of you.
- If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you are not authorised to use this website.
- You may print or save these terms and conditions for your future reference by clicking on Print.
- When you visit our website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating electronically and therefore we will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this website, unless you instruct us otherwise.
- All content of this website (such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software) is, unless specifically stated otherwise, protected by copyright or similar ownership rights. It cannot be reproduced other than by downloading and viewing on a single computer and/or printing a single hard copy, for private purposes only. It is not to be otherwise reproduced, transmitted, made available on a network or used to create derivative works without our prior written consent. All rights are reserved.
- The trade marks, logos and service marks shown on our website are, unless otherwise specified, our trademarks or licensed to us. No rights are granted to use any of them without our prior written consent.
- This notice is made on behalf of The Daily Mile Foundation (registered charity number 1166911, Hawkslease, Chapel Lane, Lyndhurst, Hampshire, SO43 7FG).
Data Protection and Privacy
- You agree that the contact information you give us can be stored and used by The Daily Mile Foundation (herein after “Foundation”) in connection with the sharing of information about The Daily Mile campaign.
- The Foundation shall take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information or marketing information pertaining or relating to details provided by you which comes into their possession or control shall not be:
- used or reproduced in whole or in part in any form except for the purposes outlined in these terms and conditions.
- disclosed to any person not authorised by you to receive it; or
- altered, deleted, added to or otherwise interfered with (except where expressly permitted by these terms and conditions)
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
- Google Analytics tracks users website behaviour, using the Google Analytics Cookie, this data includes user behaviours like pages visited and visit durations.
- All data in Google Analytics is aggregated and anonymised, meaning although IP addresses are tracked to determine user locations, no personal data can be attributed to one individual session and these locations aren’t ever exact, the most accurate these will ever get will to track users to the nearest city.
- We have Google Analytics Demographic and Interest Reporting enabled, this gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our sites.
- Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
- Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
- Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- User and Event data retention policy, we don’t automatically expire any user or event data, this is so that we can use all historic data to better improve website user experience.
Further information about Google’s Analytics’ cookie usage policy on websites may be obtained from: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
Google also has two pages which help to outline their privacy policies specifically for Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en and https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
Google Tag Manager
Our website uses Google Tag Manager, a web analytics management service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
- Google Tag Manager is used to manage website tracking tags and allows us to create events for key user events, for example, tracking button clicks or specific page views like on thank you pages for forms etc.
- We do not use Google Tag Manager to gather any personal data, only website behaviour data that will help us to improve the websites user experience.
- All event data that is generated by Google Tag Manager tags is amalgamated and anonymised in Google Analytics.
We abide by Google Tag Manager’s use policy which can be viewed here: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/
Our website uses Hotjar, a user experience analytics service provided by Hotjar Ltd (“Hotjar”).
- We use Hotjar in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize this service and experience. Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
- This data is gathered and displayed in the form of reports, heatmaps, and visitor recordings.
- Hotjar stores this information in a pseudonymized user profile. Neither Hotjar nor we will ever use this information to identify individual users or to match it with further data on an individual user.
Our website uses the Facebook Pixel, a tracking cookie managed by Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”).
- Using the Facebook Pixel allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad.
- This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users.
- However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads